EQCO2, Inc. - CLNO
Discovery Carbon, EQCO2's parent, has acquired its own brand of high density short rotation energy crop known as High Density Hybrid Flora-1 GreenTreeâ„¢. After four years of working with several developers of product in this industry, it has invested in 11 acres in the central California area, harvested product from this location and delivered it to projects totaling about one hundred acres in size.
EvoCerts™, our Proprietary Carbon Credits
EvoCerts™ offer an easy, environmentally conscious, and inexpensive way to offset one's annual carbon footprint. They also offer businesses an economical way to offset theirs. EvoCerts™ were conceived from the idea of renewal. The funds raised from EvoCert™ sales will be used to finance projects that provide for renewable energy and for emission reductions endeavors. There are many, many such projects
But the most important thing EvoCerts™ will do is create forests of GreenTrees™ that are forever dedicated to the absorption of carbon dioxide and the production of oxygen.
Retiring the Carbon Credits Component of Your EvoCerts™
Carbon credits are retired so that they cannot be reused again. This protects the emission savings represented by them. EQCO2's EvoCert™ Operations' records and monitors the emission reductions credits represented by each EvoCert™. The system tracks their matching, purchase, and retirement.
The voluntary carbon credits market has developed rapidly over the last decade, with several standards having emerged. There is no single controlling organization that handles retirement however. Unlike the compliance credits market (where offseting is required under law), the retirement of voluntary credits is not managed centrally. To have a degree of assurance like that for compliance credits, EQCO2 supports two established registries for its EvoCert™ credits component. They are the Gold Standard and the VCS Registries. Click on a link below to see their website.
Discovery Carbon, EQCO2's parent, has acquired its own brand of high density short rotation energy crop known as High Density Hybrid Flora-1 GreenTree™. After four years of working with several developers of product in this industry, it has invested in 11 acres in the central California area, harvested product from this location and delivered it to projects totaling about one hundred acres in size.
Organizations worldwide, including the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, know these trees have important environmental value as:
• Carbon dioxide absorption, one of the “green¬house gases,” which many think is responsible for the global climate change our planet is experiencing; and
• GreenTrees™ absorb many other gases and pollutants such as nitrogen dioxide, ozone, and microscopic particulate matter. All of which are harmful to humans and to the atmosphere.
The GreenTree™ is a phyto-remediator, increasing the organic content of degraded soils, processing and filtering contaminants through the uptake of its vascular system, and emitting oxygen into the atmosphere. In this manner, each 3-year old GreenTree™ could sequester 361 pounds of carbon representing 1,325 pounds of CO2 gas removed from the atmosphere.
The Green Tree can re-grow from its stump (coppicing ability) and can be harvested repeatedly after sufficient growth periods, which relatively speaking, are very short (generally about 3 years, depending mostly on the climate).
The GreenTree™ is not genetically engineered. A proprietary root-grafting system allows its propagation using a proprietary formula that changes its growing characteristics. The source of root-stock is native to China, Laos, and Vietnam, and has long been cultivated elsewhere in eastern Asia, notably in Japan and Korea. The root-stock was introduced to the USA as a landscape tree over 150 years ago. It has since become naturalized in 33 states. In 1961, Paleontologist Charles J. Smiley reported findings of over 500 fossils of Paulownia Tomentosa in Ellensburg Canyon in the State of Washington along with fossil remains of trees that normally co-habitat with Paulownia.
This bee-friendly tree, Discovery and EQCO2's GreenTree™ may be one of the few trees in the world that can be used for valuable wood, feed fodder and honey while cleaning the air, water and soil of pollutants.
• Transports fluids through a center trunk channel resulting in straight grained and knot free lumber with several growth rings possible in a single year instead of transporting fluids through the outer Cambrian layer as in most trees.
• Taproot of over 50’-60’ by the end of the 2nd year is possible.
• The trunk portion has the unique high-density feature of a North American hardwood tree,
which equates to much greater amounts of lignin and sequestered carbon dioxide.
• Each tree requires only 300 gallons of water per year from all sources.
• Moisture content is 10-12% with a water-based sap higher in sugar content than maple.
• Fire resistant as a hardwood; The University of Texas labeled the wood fire resistant due to its flash point of 477 degrees.
• Provides eExcellent external and internal cladding for energy efficient homes.
• Valued for quality lumber for fine furniture, cabinets, window frames, musical instruments, log homes, molding, plywood, pulp, paper, and for many other uses where quality hardwood trees can be utilized.
• Regenerates from the stump (coppicing ability) after harvesting.
• Improves air quality with odor reduction, an important environmental benefit.
• Improves water quality, another important environmental benefit.
• Viable tree crop for marginal and poor condition farmland.
282 Cheyenne Way
Zephyr Cove, NV 89448